With plenty of advanced services, reliable resources and educational options, IELTSMaterial.com is one of the fastest-growing IELTS-oriented platforms in India. Based in the Indian silicon valley, Bangalore, this platform has varying innovative ways to help students achieve the best band score in one go.
Out of all the services, its 1:1 live training with band 9 teachers is highly appreciated. But the question is – is this service worth the investment? In this post, let’s review this much-acknowledged 1:1 live training by IELTSMaterial.
What is 1:1 Live Training?
1:1 live training is a service offered by IELTSMaterial wherein you get to have individual live IELTS online classes with band 9 teachers of the industry. In this session, you can put forth your doubts and issues without any hesitation, and the teacher will be more than happy to provide you with a resolution that calms the running horses of your mind.
On top of that, you can also get feedback on every mock test that you have taken with IELTSMaterial, thereby helping you learn from your mistakes.
What does the one-on-one session include?
When talking about the effectiveness of a service, you should always evaluate the benefits you are sure to avail. Thus, in this session, you get the following things:
- 24 hours of 1:1 based personal training
- 24 hours of self study online learning
- 5 full-length, timed mock tests
- 45 hours of practice questions
The 1:1 Approach
In terms of the methodology, IELTSMaterial ensures that it is always adept with the best to offer nothing but subpar services. Hence, jotted down below is a step-by-step procedure that this platform follows to execute this specific service.
- Diagnostic Test
The first step taken by IELTSMaterial is a diagnostic test. This is a regular mock test that helps both you and the trainer comprehend your weaknesses and strengths.
- Free Trial Class
Once you are done with the mock test and submitted the same, you get to attend a free trial class. In this class, a trainer offers feedback on the diagnostic test along with some strategies and tips to help you tackle the weaknesses seamlessly.
- Concept Building
The next step in the process is to come up with a customized study plan that comprises the latest IELTS techniques, tricks and strategies to help you improve your test-taking skills.
Mock and Practice Tests
Finally, regular mock tests and practice assignments are conducted to keep a tab on your progress. These tests are concentrated on strengthening your weak sections.
The Session Curriculum
If you are doubtful regarding the syllabus you will get to cover with this session, here are the details to clear all of your doubts. Just like any other curriculum, this session has its study material divided into four modules of the IELTS exam, such as Listening, Reading, Speaking, Writing. Under each of these modules, you get to master varying topics.
- Four sections of the listening test
- A variety of questions
- Different between PBT and CBT
- Understanding different accents and identifying words in each of those accents
- All about signposting language and how to use it to find answers
- Everything about distractors and how to identify them
- Everything about multiple-choice questions and how to answer them?
- Everything about map labelling questions and how to answer them?
- The difference between note, table and sentence completion questions and how to answer them?
- All three sections of IELTS reading
- Time limit explanations
- Total number of questions
- Everything about skimming, scanning and intensive reading
- The importance of paraphrasing
- The difference between yes/no/not (or) true/false/not given and how to answer these questions
- The difference between diagram, note, sentence completion and how to answer them
- The difference between all matching questions and how to answer them
- How to answer short answer questions
- How to stick to the word count
- Everything that the speaking section contains, along with the duration
- All about phonetics and pronunciation of words
- Questions asked in Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3, along with how to answer them and effective tips and tricks
- Vocabulary specific to topics in the test
- Everything about fillers, linking words, and how to use them
- The need for clarifications and the phrases to be used
- Everything that the writing section contains
- Types of questions in Task 1, the structure and how to answer them
- The vocabulary required to contrast and compare
- The correct tenses to be used in Task 1
- Types of essays and structures used for different essays
- Types of letters, such as formal, informal, and semi-formal
- How to write the introduction, body and conclusion
- Phrases for introduction and conclusion
- All about idiomatic language
- Vocabulary used for writing task 2
In summary, it can be stated that the 1:1 live training session by IELTSMaterial is a comprehensive session that will help you improve your IELTS skills to a great extent. In case you are not sure, you can always go with the free trial class to figure out how this platform works and then make your decision.