According to the Bank Holiday list released by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), August is a ripe holiday. According to the list, there were initially 15 holidays, but now there are 13 leaves. From the first 15 days of vacation, eight were state holidays or religious festivals. The other seven were regular weekends for lenders. Please note that not all holidays are celebrated uniformly. At best, there are a few days on the list that are celebrated in the majority of regions and cities, but again not pan-India. Apex Bank issued these holidays in three rough brackets. “Holidays under the Negotiable Merchandise Act”, “Holidays under the Negotiable Merchandise Act, Real Time Gross Settlement Holidays”, or “Bank Closing Holidays”.
August holidays are included in the “Negotiable Commodity Law Holidays” section. The official list of leaves by RBI list will start tomorrow only for lenders, but lenders have witnessed some holidays coming and going in the form of holidays. Two Sundays have passed since the beginning of August. As a result, the holiday list will be finalized on the 13th.
The first of the long list, August 13th, is Patriot’s Day and is a banking holiday in Imphal. Similarly, most of these holidays are state-by-state or region-by-region, as they are not commonly celebrated throughout India on the same day. This is a bit of a relief for anyone planning a banking business in the near future. With the exception of Sunday and the 2nd / 4th Saturday, many states or cities have only two holidays.
One such vacation is August 19, 2021-Muharram (Ashura). This holiday is off for lenders in Agartara, Ahmedabad, Bellapur, Bhopal, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kanpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Patna, Ripple, Lunch and Srinagar.
Another holiday that the majority celebrate on the same day is Janmashtami (Shravan Vad-8) / Krishna Jayanthi on August 30, 2021. This holiday is celebrated by banks in Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Chennai and Dehradun. Jaipur, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Gangtok. That said, plan your next trip to the bank carefully based on the date and location.
Following the RBI mandate, here is the complete list of holidays for August 2021: (Counting after August 13)
1) August 13, 2021-Patriot’s Day (Imphal)
2) August 14, 2021 – Second Saturday
3) August 15, 2021 – Sunday
4) August 16, 2021-New Year’s Analysis (Shahenshahi) / (Bellapur, Mumbai, Nagpur)
5) August 19, 2021-Muharram (Ashoora) / (Agartala, Ahmedabad, Belapur, Bhopal, Hydrobad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kanpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi , Srinagar)
6) August 20, 2021-Muharram / First Onam (Bangalore, Chennai, Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram)
7) August 21, 2021 – Thiruvananthapuram (Tirvananthapuram and Kochi)
8) August 22, 2021 – Sunday
9) August 23, 2021 – Sree Narayana Guru Jayanthi (Thiruvananthapuram and Kochi)
10) August 28, 2021 – Fourth Saturday
11) August 29, 2021 – Sunday
12) August 30, 2021-Janmashtami (Shravan Vad-8) / Krishna Jayanthi (Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Jaipur, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar , Gangtok)
13) August 31, 2021-Sri Krishna Ashtami (Hyderabad)
Read all the latest news, latest news, coronavirus news here
The bank will be closed for three consecutive days starting today.Click here for details
Source link The bank will be closed for three consecutive days starting today.Click here for details