Before discussing about the safety of online betting one have to understand- WHAT IS ONLINE BETTING OR GAMBLING?
Answer to this question is very easy, it is any kind of gambling conducted on the internet- this majorly includes-POKER,CASINOS, SPORTS BETTING.
- HOW IT STARTED–
Online gambling business started appearing in 1990s i.e. when internet technology is taking off. Gambling was one of few industries to reap benefits of digitization or virtual world of revenues.
Nowadays online betting is very common among the people, but there’s always one question keep lingering in back of mind- IS ONLINE BETTING IS SAFE?
Yes, it is. But as this involves real money, no one can assure about 100% safety, it does have some risk involved but if we do some research about betting, where, how, why and how much money will be involved in this which kind of methods of money transaction is used will give better clarity over the authentication of source and wager and one can take better decision after analyzing all this aspect which will lead to lesser safety risks.
We have to keep in mind that there is ALWAYS going to be risk of losing money on your wagers but very few people who bet face any safety issues but there’s nothing to worry about avoiding risk and protecting yourself is pretty easy.
THE KEY STEP IS TO STAY SAFE- FIND AN AUTHENTIC OR LEGITIMATE SITE.
AVOID ANY KIND OF SHADY SITE.
- HOW TO FIND LEGITIMATE SITE FOR SAFE BETTING?
We only have to do a little research.
Before joining any betting site or online sports, one should look into them and analyze that particular site is whether fulfilling criteria stated below or not:
- Licensed and regulated by a reputed gambling authority.
- Have a good established history and good track records of comparative less safety loopholes as every site have some loopholes regarding safety risk, by choosing sites which have comparatively less loop holes will actually lower the safety risk and have less chance of losing money.
- Lack of negative reports or complains-try to find most recent feedbacks.
- Positive online comments from bettors and expert reviews. This will give confidence and build up a positive mindset to invest your money in online betting. It comes from people who are actively using it they usually paint the most accurate picture. But lots of websites review online betting site which are not 100% honest, some get paid to post positive opinions.
SOME COMMON THREATS-
- Personal details being sold or stolen:
This can be easily resolved by using legitimate sites as they don’t sell or share one’s personal email-id or bank information to anyone.
One can follow below stated steps to keep their account safe:
- Install anti-virus and anti-malware software on all devices.
- Use strong password. Don’t share your id or password with anyone.
- Change password regularly.
- Becoming addicted:
It’s a very real risk though and everyone should definitely be aware of it.
First step is to set a budget based on how much one is prepared to deposit online. It is the money one can afford to lose in worst case scenario.
One needs to be very strict about sticking to their budget, one should not develop ignorant behavior on overspending that’s how problem starts and soon get out of control.
IT IS ADVISED BEST TO AVOID BETTING ALL TOGETHER WHO HAVE AN ADDICTIVE PERSONALITY, THEY MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO STAY IN CONTROL,IT JUST NOT WORTH THE RISK.
As the final observation, the site one is using CAN and WILL make difference to one’s opinion about the safety of betting site, the more legitimate site is the more positive opinion will develop in one’s mind about online betting and they can also work as source of inspiring many other people to invest their money on betting site.