The upcoming Citroën C3 is a B + segment vehicle or premium hatchback and is based on the company’s new Common Modular Platform (CMP). The car will be sold in India in the first half of 2022.
The upcoming Citroën C3 will be a sub 4 meter B + segment premium hatchback
Citroën today officially announced the following products for the Indian market: This is a locally manufactured B + segment premium hatchback called the Citroen C3. Yes, it has the same name as the C3 sold in Europe, but the models coming to India are not the same car. In fact, it is based on the company’s new Common Modular Platform (CMP), which was developed for emerging markets such as: India and South America. The C3 is the first of three new models based on the same platform and will be introduced in India as part of the company’s C-Cubed program. That’s all you need to know about the new Citroën C3.
Read also: Citroen C3 debuts in India
- The new Citroën C3 is a premium hatchback with a sub-4 meter B + segment vehicle or SUV-inspired design and styling. This includes a tall boy’s stance, a muscular profile, sturdy side and underbody cladding, and sporty alloy wheels. The C3 is 3980mm long and has a clearance of 180mm.
- When it comes to styling, the new C3 comes with a signature Citroen styling. Two chrome lines extend from both sides of the logo into the split LED daytime running lights, giving the impression of a single unit. The SUV comes with halogen headlamps, as well as grille cladding and bumper aluminum skid plates. The C3 also comes with fake frails, wraparound LED tail lamps and a sturdy rear bumper.
Also read: Citroen C3: Why Hatchbacks Are The Brand’s First Mass Offer in India
- The new C3 is available in both single-tone and two-tone color options with 10 customization options. Citroën offers four body colors in the C3 (Polar White, Platinum Gray, Steel Gray and Zesty Orange), while the two-tone color has two roof color options (Platinum Gray or Zesty Orange).
- Inside, the C3 comes with a well-laid-out cabin with a two-tone treatment inherited from the outside. The vibrant panels on the dashboard match the exterior walls of the car, and the air conditioner vents with the glossy black bezel are similar to those of the C5 Air Cloth. You can choose up to 8 seat covers. There is also a place to attach a smartphone clamp.
- Citroën claims that the C3 also offers exceptional cabin space. The wheelbase is 2540mm, and the occupants of the second row seats are leg room 851mm and knee room 653mm. The front seats provide the occupants with a 1,418mm elbow room and a 991mm headroom. The C3 also has a 315 liter trunk space, a 1 liter glove box, a large door pocket and a few other small holes.
- In terms of functionality, the C3 features a protruding infotainment display with a 10-inch capacitive touch screen unit. It provides a mirror screen function to reproduce the display of smartphone apps of drivers such as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The car also features a flat-bottomed multifunction steering wheel, along with other features such as automatic climate control, USB charger and 12V socket, among others.
- Launched in the first half of 2022, the new Citroën C3 will be an Indian-made product with over 90% local content. The company claims that it will be launched at a competitive price, so it expects it to be priced between Rs 60,000 and Rs 100,000 (excluding showrooms).
Follow carandbike.com for the latest car news and reviews. twitterSubscribe to the Facebook, and YouTube channels.
Everything you need to know
Source link Everything you need to know